Explosive Drilling Blasting theory | Online Mining Blog
Explosives and Blasting: Part-1. Content: Detonation and Deflagration; Ingredients of explosives; Classification of explosives; Blasting properties of explosives Strength- Trauzl lead block test; Detonation Velocity; Density; Water Resistant; Fume Characteristics; Oxygen Balance; Detonation Pressure; Borehole pressure and critical diameter ...
(PDF) Velocity of detonation (VOD) measurement techniques ...
Velocity of Detonation (VOD) is an important measure characteristics parameter of explosive material. The performance of explosive invariably depends on the velocity of detonation. The power/...
Explosives and Detonators - Mining and Blasting
A litre of modern high explosive will expand to around 1000 litres within milliseconds (ICI 1997) creating pressures in a blasthole of the order of 10000 MPa (1450000 psi). Temperatures range from 1650-3870oC and the velocity of detonation (VOD) is so high (2500-8000 m/s) that the power of a single charge is around 25000 MW.
Detonation velocity - Wikipedia
Detonation velocity can be measured by the Dautriche method. In essence this method relies on the time lag between the initiation of two ends of a detonating fuse of a known detonation velocity inserted radially at two points into the explosive charge at a known distance apart. When the explosive charge is detonated it triggers one end of ...
Citizen’s Guide to Blasting
The blasting seismographs used by coal mines are manufactured to specifically measure the vibrations from a mine blast. The resulting measurements are on a different scale from those used for monitoring earthquake vibrations. As such the particle velocity measured by blasting seismographs cannot be compared to earth-
Velocity of detonation measurement and fragmentation analysis ...
In holes the measurement of the velocity of detonation (VOD) helps in comparing and evaluating relative performance of explosives. In this paper a blast performance assessment was conducted based on the results obtained from the steady state VOD measurement of emulsion explosives HEF100 and degree of blast fragmentation conducted on an open pit blast.
In-hole velocity of detonation (VOD) measurements as a ...
The rate at which the detonation wave travels through an explosive column is called the velocity of detonation. VOD is one of the most important properties of explosives. As the explosive pressure is directly proportional to the VOD of an explosive VOD measurements indicate the performance of explosive in real time.
Citizen's Guide to Coal Mine Blasting in Indiana
DISTANCE TO PEAK PARTICLE SCALED DISTANCE STRUCTURE VELOCITY FACTOR 0 TO 300’ 1.25 in/sec 50 301 to 5000’ 1.00 in/sec 55 5001’ and beyond 0.75 in/sec 65 CERTIFIED BLASTER: A person who has 12 months or more experience in blasting operations has completed the approved training course in blasting technology and safety has
Detonation Modelling for the Mining and Quarry Industries
used widely in the mining and explosives industries worldwide with the companies (AEL DYNO DeBeers Sandvik Tamrock Rio Tinto LKAB Anglo American & Codelco) both sponsoring the work and applying the codes to real problems in blast optimization. . 3000 Figure 1 Detonation velocity of a typical ANFO explosive as a function charge diameter in
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ROCK MECHANICS
DETONATION VELOCITY MEASUREMENT NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ROCK MECHANICS (An Autonomous Research Institute under Ministry of Mines Govt. of India) Champion Reef Post - 563 117 Kolar Gold Fields Karnataka India Phones: (+91-8153) 275006 to 275009 and 275000 (Director) Fax: (+91-8153) 275002 e-mail: [email protected]
Influence of Gassing Agent and Density on Detonation Velocity ...
The demand for coal from surface mining projects are on the higher side like never before for which blasting is the basic unit operation. The explosive plays an important role in blasting and also influence the explosive-rock interaction. The most common explosive type used in surface mines is emulsion explosives. This paper presents the study on the detonation velocity of bulk emulsion ...
VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF MINES MINERALS & ENERGY DIVISION OF MINES
product will not increase its detonation velocity. The type of confinement surrounding the ANFO affects the detonation velocity and its ability to sustain a detonation in smaller diameter boreholes. ANFO can be made detonator sensitive to a number 8 test blasting cap by reducing the size by crushing the ammonia nitrate prills.
explosives – Mining and Blasting
ANFO generates a relatively low detonation pressure but provides very good heave performance. The steady state VOD of ANFO is approximately 4200ms in 310mm diameter blast holes.The steady state detonating velocity is also a function of loading density.
Explosives and Blasting-Part 1 | Online Mining Blog
The explosive’s detonation velocity ranges from 1500–6700 m/sec. In general larger the diameter the higher is the velocity of detonation until a steady state velocity is reached. For every explosive there is a minimum critical diameter at which the detonation process once initiated will support itself in the column. c. DENSITY
Table of explosive detonation velocities - Wikipedia
The detonation velocity values presented here are typically for the highest practical density which maximizes achievable detonation velocity. The velocity of detonation is an important indicator for overall energy and power of detonation and in particular for the brisance or shattering effect of an explosive which is due to the detonation pressure. The pressure can be calculated using Chapman-Jouguet theory from the velocity and density.
Glossary of Blasting Terms - miningquiz.com
Detonation - An explosive reaction that moves through an explosive material at a velocity greater than the speed of sound in the material. Detonation Velocity - The velocity at which a detonation progresses through an explosive. Detonator - Any device containing any initiating or primary explosive that is used for initiating detonation.
Toxic Fumes From Explosives: Ammonium Nitrate-FuelOil Mixtures
the detonation velocity decay rate of an explosive is a useful experimental parameter for correlating toxic fumes production with nonideal detonation behavior. INTRODUCTION The potential hazards of fumes from blasting operations in underground mines have long been recognized. These hazards stem from the fact that when
Next: desulphurization gypsum water treatment using automatic
- china lab small jaw crusher for laboratory usage in mexico
- bauxite crusher machine for sale in nigeria
- crushing and screening equipment manufacturers in guangzhou stump grinder pto
- gangotri associates stone crusher cement factory in fiji
- sand mining equipments for sale in the usa stone crusher machine
- other separating copper from lead in a mixture
- high end small bentonite stone crushing machine for sale in esfahan
- what is berger machines for scissor grinding made in china
- high end new iron ore processing line for sale in canada north america
- stone crusher machine seller in malaysia
- feldspar cone rock crusher in indonesia chainsaw sawmill fiyatlar
- force acting on swing jaw in a jaw crusher pdf download difference in crusher
- present status and future prospect in pulse milling in india
- jaw crushing machine in indonesia
- quarry best quarry plan in malaysia tujuan mencuci pasir
- stone crushing machines in germany line crusher flow diagram
- mining laboratories in gauteng raymond model grinding
- alpine powder classifier blower machine in ethiopia
- mini cement plant in punjab
- cement plant factory for sale lease in india china shipping
- hartl pcv crushing concrete stone crusher new england
- combined drill bits and end mills copper processing plants
- lower fixed jaw of single toggle jaw crusher batok kelapa crusher
- efficiency stone crusher from china manufacturer
- hammer crusher 2021 new vertical shaft lime kilns double shaf
- jaw crusher wedge bolt part
- diffuse reflectance zno milling stone crushers mineral
- saachi coffee grinder price
- ghana mobile rock crusher for sale
- limestone mounted jaw crushers
- lokomo jaw crusher c140 crusher mills ne crusher jaw
- mining safety clothes and gear
- disk crusher for crushing in
- bentonite gypsum india
- gold mineral processing equipments parts feeder
- granite ball mill production costs per tonne grinding mill china
- hot sales knife gate valve in tanzania
- visiwiki quarry opening hammer mills for hops
- water in coal copper ore to crusher
- lightweight aggregates making plants in philippines